Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sick Days

I am officially gliding down the tail end of a nasty flu bug. Yesterday, in the wee hours of the morning, I was awoken by an overwhelming feeling of nausea and a 102 degree fever. I hadn’t felt so weak and sick in I don’t even know how long! Luckily, my mom had the day off and offered to take Vincent all day. No one has ever taken Vincent all day long. Although I was relieved by her offer, I thought, NO WAY! Sure, he’ll hang for a couple hours but then he’s going to be screaming for his one and only mommy! Well, I was wrong. He did wonderfully for my mother. Granted, she brought him back home to nurse and so he could nap in his own crib, but he spent most of the day away from me and he was just fine. I know I needed it, and so I was thankful, but it also made me a bit sad. I couldn’t believe he could just go about his day without me, like it was no thing.

Now, today, my husband is home and has taken the lead with Vincent. I feel much better, but I am not 100% and I could probably benefit from a little more rest. But I miss my little man. This is probably the most time I have spent away from him in his whole little life. I am legitimately having Vinnie withdrawals!! Gee, mom, cut the cord….he’s almost one!!

Yesterday’s diet consisted of two popsicles and 6 Advil, so apparently, I am making up for lost time by stuffing my face with everything from French toast to Nachos. I would like to write more but what I really want to do is go lay on the couch while Anthony has Vincent on an outing. I am hoping to feel even better tomorrow and do something fantasical with the fam….hopefully!